Sunday, August 12, 2007

Tidal Bore Rafting!!!

Today I traveled to Maitland, Nova Scotia to the Shubenacadie River. This point in the Bay of Fundy has the World's Record for the highest tides ever, fifty-three feet. This river is also great for tidal bore rafting!! I don't have any pictures since I could not take my digital camera. As soon as I can get my water-proof camera pictures developed, I will post them on here. In the mean time, check out this website and video to see what tidal bore rafting is all about. It was definitely the most fun I have had so far on the trip!!!






Here are the pictures from the tidal bore rafting trip:

This is me standing in the middle of the river during low tide waiting for the tide to come in. When the tidal bores hit all of these sand bars, it creates large rapids. Once the tide came in, this sandbar was about 20 feet under water!!


HOLDING ON!!!

I almost fell out twice, but managed to stay in by gripping the ropes behind me!

No comments: